... I realize that my tenure (I hate that word now) as a professor is closing. Today I teach my last class. Next week will be filled with finals, evaluations written and oral, Holiday parties, combat certifications, one more massage (without a happy ending), and lots of packing to prepare for Salt Lake City. It really has been perfect. I'm so thankful that this was only for a semester. It gave me the perfect taste of what life would be like in the hallowed and sexually repressed halls of academia. The thought I've discovered in diamond clarity: not now.
The gnawing bit right behind my solar plexus tells me to man up and get out there and make some theatre. I tell it that now is not the best time to do that, what with the recession and the impact it will have on theatre companies. Gnawing bit simply replies: exactly.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i applaud your choice to move forward. i, too, am leaving the comforts of my 9 to 5 (because it was literally killing me). i've thought the same thing, about doing this during economic strife..i can't even listen to NPR. but happiness and fulfillment is important. more important than alot of things that SEEM important.
ReplyDeleteok. off my soap box.