Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello Farmcountrians:

In the spur of the moment, in the heat of the night, and the flick of my ash, I thought it was time make a change to Farm Country. Due to the fact that I'm no longer living in Farm Country I feel that, in a way, I'm perpetuating a false image to my loyal readership (Mom, Dad... Parks). I'm not really in Farm Country. Now I'm in the Red Desert and in a week I'm going to be in Salem, OR which feels more like a David Lynch film than... well... farmy. So I suffix the title with a little Latin, moving forward, still resembling what it used to be. Plus it sounds like some niche architecture magazine that no one understands but will quote it up your ass.

Revelation is afoot. I can smell it. Maybe it's the books I read that talk about the etymology of the word "apocalypse". Maybe it's the fact that I'm mildly misanthropic. Maybe it's that I'm officially in my thirties. Something is going to make change, and I'm not just talking about Obama.

Funny how the word "blog" has the same phonetic structure as the act of wretching. I have some goals for my own virtual vomit. Stay tuned for more.

4 comments:

  1. um, HELLO! regular reader AND commenter here!!!

    douchebag (that's blogspeak)

    kisses.

    btb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Cool picture..Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. howdy...school starts soon, huh? there are big reader boards here in pittsburgh saying 'warning, college students arriving' which always makes me chuckle.

    anyways..wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete